Haven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's it like being trapped behind the walls of Haven City?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A roof and a rag.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

Orbs : 0

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 am

Rielen's eyes opened to the stillness of the dark room around him. It was well before daybreak, and it was sleeting outside. The fact that the place had no windows had no bearing on his knowledge of the weather, because it also didn't have a door. The room was literally three sagging walls and a hole-covered roof, made of rotting wood. As far as protection from the elements went, it was wanting.

Throwing what amounted to an attempt at a blanket from him, he got up, ran a hand through his hair, checked his weapon, and strode out. It did not matter that there was no security - there was nothing worth stealing. That was part of why he'd chosen here, of all places in the Slums, to sleep.

It was time to see what the future had in store.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

Orbs : 4400

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:08 am

Tessa was bringing Brody for a walk while Madara ran an errand for her. She saw a man walk out of a house, if you could call it that. She looked at him and was about to say something but before she could Brody barking and trying to get her to walk towards him so he could get some attention.
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:12 am

Rielen stared the animal down, not afraid in the least. In truth, he was surprised to see a dog at all - people had been known to eat them in the slums, when times were hard. And Christ, this was Haven City - when weren't times hard? The fact that the creature was still alive meant that Rielen had some respect for it, despite himself. He didn't exactly kneel and pet the dog, but he wasn't far from it. Instead, he offered a brief nod of greeting to the girl he assumed was the dog's owner.
Back to top Go down
Madara
Civilian
Madara

Orbs : 500

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:12 am

disregard my post then lol
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:18 am

She smiled at the man. "Sorry about Brody, he's an attention whore." She looked down at her dog and sighed. The dog continued to bark and jump up onto Rielen's leg begging for attention. "Brody, stop it! Down!"
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:21 am

Catching the dog's front paws as it jumped, he held the animal upright for a moment, before gently lowering it and letting it go. It was a technique to calm animals that had been of service before. "It's alright. Shows he's got some life in him, and that's more than can be said for most around here."
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 am

She laughed slightly at the man's comment. "Very true." She looked down at the puppy again. "Sometimes a little too much life." She looked back up at the man. "Thanks for calming him down."
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 am

"Anytime."

Eyes scanning her, he took in her appearance. An elf, by the skin and ears. She had the phycique of a fighter, despite her friendly mannerism, and he had no doubt that this was not an objective greeting she gave now.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:29 am

"Well... Uhh..." The conversation had grown awkward. Her dog had dragged her there, but now that it was calm she had no reason to stay there. Even though she should leave, she didn't want to. "So, do you live in this area?"
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 am

"Does anyone? Plenty of people reside here, true, but you're mad if you call this living." And there it was, the bitterness of young anger. The knowledge of the fact you knew where you were when you could taste the dirt and the smoke and the blood. Shaking his hair out of his eyes, Rielen sighed, and muttered "Forgive me; I suppose that yes, I do for now. And yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:34 am

"Don't apologize, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, one of the few things we still have. " She said smiling. "Yes, I live in this area. It's not the greatest place in Haven City to live."
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:39 am

"Not by a long shot." And that was almost laughable - of course it wasn't. The rising legion towers that were in your peripheral vision no matter where you turned, packed to the rafters with Legion soldiers who took a liking to pushing vulnerable people around, could tell you that. The Slums were packed with vulnerable people, and would be until things changed, which they might never do.

"Hey, I know you hear this a lot, and that we've just met, but you know how it is. D'you know of anyone that needs someone to work for them? Any trade - any work, truthfully." And there it was; the pathetic situation which thousands of people here were in all of their lives.
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:42 am

"I might be able to help you out. My friend owns a bar, he might be looking for work he might not, but it's worth a shot right?" She said joyfully. "If not, I'll keep an eye open for jobs."
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:42 am

Rielen shot her a charming, grateful smile. It wasn't often someone did something for someone else out here. "Thanks, I appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:45 am

She gave him a kind smile back. "Anytime, I'd really like to see everyone around here get work and help each other out. Unfortunately, things don't go that way." Her smile disappeared after that as she realized how sad it was that things will always be this way in the slums.
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 am

Rielen shook his head, hair falling back over his eyes. "Too many people out to fuck eachother over." The bitterness was back in his voice with a vengeance. If his appearance didn't prove he lived here, then his anger just might.
Back to top Go down
Megrio
Civilian

Orbs : 100

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:55 am

(( Is Brody that dog im thinking of??... :0 ))
Back to top Go down
Tessa
Rebel
Tessa

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 am

((You mean the dog that managed to find itself on the ceiling, yes.))
"Yeah, and they're way too hostile towards each other, but the Legion definately doesn't help with that matter." Brody started barking and trying to pull Tessa in a new direction. "I'm sorry, apparently we must be leaving... I'll go talk to my friend, when I find you work, I'll let you know." She said as she started walking in the direction Brody was pulling.
Back to top Go down
Rielen Alendis
Civilian
Rielen Alendis

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:00 am

"Alright, thankyou. Name's Rielen, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Arreck

Arreck

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:02 am

(( Ceiling... erhh.. i throught about the dog fight puppy...??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A roof and a rag. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A roof and a rag.   A roof and a rag. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A roof and a rag.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Haven City :: Haven City :: Slums-
Jump to: